Accommodation in Silkeborg
Gl. Skovridergaard’s 65 rooms are located in Gammelgården from 1798, the main building from 1903 and Gul Fløj (the yellow wing) from 1967. The rooms in the main building and Gammelgården are all different sizes and therefore individually appointed with all modern amenities. Most of the rooms overlook the grounds. The rooms in Gul Fløj are more similar in size and all have a balcony overlooking the grounds.
The rooms in the main building were refurbished in 2015, when the rooms in Gul Fløj were also given a brush-up. The rooms in Gammelgården were refurbished in 2016. It goes without saying that the refurbishment will take the soul and history of the place into account, so we have, for example, preserved and renovated the original desks and put them together with new furniture.
A good night’s sleep
The vast majority of our single rooms have a 140-cm wide bed and can therefore also be used as doubles. The rest of the single rooms have a 120-cm bed. In addition, we offer double rooms, junior suites and, once the refurbishment is complete, a suite in Gammelgården as well.
- Plants, crisp bed linen and soft Muscovy down duvets are to be found in all rooms, ensuring that you can get your beauty sleep
- All rooms have an en suite toilet and shower, hair dryer and make-up mirror – some rooms have a bath tub
- B&O TV in all rooms
- Electric kettle so you can make tea and coffee whenever it suits you
- All rooms have an iron and an ironing board
- Junior suites have a seating area and mini bar
- Additional drinks can be purchased in reception around the clock
- Free Wi-Fi throughout Gl. Skovridergaard – in the bedrooms, meeting rooms and grounds
- Dry cleaning/laundry service: Hand your clothes in at reception before 8 am and get them back the same day.
Gl. Skovridergaard is a smoke-free hotel and conference centre. If you wish to smoke, please head to the loggia.
Orangeriet is our unpretentious à la carte restaurant where we invite you to a relaxing gourmet experience. Enjoy the delicious seasonal dishes in modern, Nordic style, prepared from scratch, ideally using local produce.
The restaurant is open from Monday to Saturday from 6 pm, and the chefs take orders until 9 pm.